Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to keeping and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server managed by a web hosting vendor. There are various categories of hosting services used for different aims, so let's have a glimpse at them. In that way, you can determine what you want, based on whether you desire to build a weblog, email box accounts, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by various vendors, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans frequently include adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain period of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely improper interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would assign the load between separate bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a type of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given providers offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting brand is appropriate if you would like to share a great number of images with buddies or acquaintances since the service is usually free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your e-mail addresses. Some suppliers offer webspace hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you want to own a mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can open e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this method instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and several hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your web space hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will enable you to possess as many video files as you would like without bothering about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to keep a site. To some degree, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and email aliases, upload video files, etc. At WebTronicLife, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the usual email/file/video/image hosting plans that are purposed for specific content solely.